My Photo
Name:
Location: Akron, OH, United States

I consider myself a writer and a foodie, though both are debatable. I am a collared sub to my husband of seven years. We have two boys. They keep me busy and away from all the books I want to read. We are trying to balance our love of kink and getting enough sleep to function. I drink a lot of coffee.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Advertisement

To completely avoid putting anything about me in my first post, I'm going to talk about the title of my blog. "I'm a River Driver and I'm far away from Home," is a song lyric from the aptly named song 'River Driver'.  It's song by the band Great Big Sea.  If you haven't heard of them you're missing out. They've been on tour across Europe this summer and are back in Canada this fall. I'm a sucker for good pub music and that's how I classify this group.  While I understand that this trio of middle-aged (though quite good-looking) men isn't a skinny blonde girl shaking her ass and pretending to sing, I wouldn't let that make you doubt their quality.  Actually listening to the tune and the lyrics are rare in my generations taste of music.  Any generation that hails "singers" who discuss raping and killing their 'bitches' maybe isn't ready for the Newfoundland stylings of GBS.  But, as these youths finish defying their parents and realize that their lives needn't be as angry as all that music, they may find songs with real stories and actual tunes could be more to their liking. And then again . . . maybe not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home