My Photo
Name:
Location: Akron, OH, United States

I consider myself a writer and a foodie, though both are debatable. I am a collared sub to my husband of seven years. We have two boys. They keep me busy and away from all the books I want to read. We are trying to balance our love of kink and getting enough sleep to function. I drink a lot of coffee.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Holidays my ass...

I'm sorry, I know it's terrible to say, but holidays just suck. Although I'm sure it's obvious, my fiance and I are not related (as I'm sure you're happy to know). So, also obviously, our families both want us to be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. As I'm sure most people know, it is difficult to be two places at once. Yet, what is that helps families to assume that this is possible? My parents are both in education, so they have four days of vacation for Thanksgiving and two weeks for Christmas. Yet, they expect my fiance and I who work swing shifts the day before and the day after both these holidays to drive up to see them.  Apparently, in the alternate reality that they live in gas is free and traveling is fun in the sun. 

I just don't understand the expectations of our parents. I mean, you grow up and your parents send you out on your way, then all the sudden they want you back. Like all the time they were shoving you out the door they didn't realize you would actually leave. And now, mine at least, seem to be following me out the door and down the street. I don't get it. Aren't they happy that I found someone to spend my life with? I'm getting ready to get married and start program of study to further my career. Isn't that enough? Now I have to drive three hours one way to stuff myself with food with them and then drive home so I can work the next day. What's so important about a day? What makes Thanksgiving different from any other day? When did my parents get so selfish?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home