My Photo
Name:
Location: Akron, OH, United States

I consider myself a writer and a foodie, though both are debatable. I am a collared sub to my husband of seven years. We have two boys. They keep me busy and away from all the books I want to read. We are trying to balance our love of kink and getting enough sleep to function. I drink a lot of coffee.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weddings

It disgusts me how people take advantage of couples trying to plan their weddings. As a bride trying to stick to a budget, I am stressed to the point of tearing my hair out. Everything is ten times more expensive than it usually is. White shoes cost a fortune where the same style in black is on sale. Flowers for any event is less expensive than a wedding. And while everyone is getting upset with me for doing everything myself, no one seems ready to jump in themselves. 

My mother keeps getting mad at me for not making decisions on music or flowers. But I just don't care. I don't care about flowers, I hate flowers. Flowers die, why would I want them as a centerpiece of my wedding day. How about a fossil, they last forever? I know what I want for my bouquet, and that's it. I don't really care about everyone else, let them pick. I mean, everything is just so far beyond my head right now. Between the budget and school and my mother all over everything; I'm just exploding. I'm trying to sort out ceremony music two months before the wedding and people are laughing at me. How does anyone get married on short notice?

I've decided to become the poster child for why couples should elope. Just run away and spend your ten thousand dollars on a cruise or a trip around Europe. Share a month together with just you and come home and let people be jealous. Don't make a day that's about everyone else but you and then have to go into debt to pay for it. The pictures of you not quite smiling aren't worth it.

I really didn't expect to be this bitter about this experience. And, if I'm honest, I'm sure five years from now I won't remember all this stress and I will just remember the dress and the fun. And I will say I am very excited about the prospect of Dave and I being able to pay for this ourselves. That was very important to me. I get that it's a huge debt for us for awhile, but this way I get what I want and no one but me can complain about how expensive it is. So I guess I'm just bitter at myself for wanting expensive things. It's all about perspective, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home