My Photo
Name:
Location: Akron, OH, United States

I consider myself a writer and a foodie, though both are debatable. I am a collared sub to my husband of seven years. We have two boys. They keep me busy and away from all the books I want to read. We are trying to balance our love of kink and getting enough sleep to function. I drink a lot of coffee.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cappy's Cafe

Cappy's Cafe at 5431 Walnut St. in Shadyside is a cafe with a bar atmosphere. A group of us went for Sunday lunch which may have affected our experience.  Main courses are approximately $7-9 and they have a moderately sized bar. The dining area is small with space for barely twenty people.  My husband ordered off the specials menu, which was terribly disappointing. A hot sausage sandwich that was merely a bratwurst on a hoagie bun. The bun was so oversized it looked like they had extras from a previous special and wanted to get rid of them. I had a chicken sandwich with buffalo sauce and potato chips. In contrast, my bun was too small so it got soggy. The chips were just chips, which was a let down.  Our friend got 'the Godfather', which he said was very good. Our chili cheese fries were covered in real chili instead of saucy goo and were quite acceptable. Overall a 50/50 experience.

The service was not great. Food came out in spurts and drinks were refilled at her whim.  Although the menu states it clearly, we were upset that we could not get separate checks. It would be good as a quick lunch stop for soup and a sandwich, but as far as a nice meal out, I would avoid it.  Sandwiches, wraps and hoagies are not inventive as far as bar food goes, but if you're drunk enough, it might be an adequate experience.

6/10- Service
5/10- Food
4/10- Atmosphere
5/10- Value for Money

Total- 5/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home