My Photo
Name:
Location: Akron, OH, United States

I consider myself a writer and a foodie, though both are debatable. I am a collared sub to my husband of seven years. We have two boys. They keep me busy and away from all the books I want to read. We are trying to balance our love of kink and getting enough sleep to function. I drink a lot of coffee.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Wai Wai Chinese Cuisine

Wai Wai is a locally owned chinese eatery on Liberty Ave. in Bloomfield.  They offer dine in and take-out services; their delivery requires a $10 minimum. I have had the opportunity to have delivery and eat-in.  The atmosphere was welcoming and warm.  Our waitress was informative and patient.  She even said they are expecting new granite tables and new chairs, though the decor is wonderful. My husband and I have drastically different tastes.  He enjoys spicy and my stomach cannot quite handle it.  They have a wide area of tastes for both of us.  I highly recommend the pan fried wontons with garlic sauce.  It is a wonderful appetizer. My husband had the black pepper chicken and said that it had the right amount of spice. I had the honey chicken. On previous occasions I have tried the dumplings and General Tso's chicken. Both were excellent.

I have had good experiences in the store and through delivery. Their inexpensive lunch and dinner boxes are also delicious. It is a wonderful place for a dinner out with friends for quiet conversation.  It has a calm atmosphere for a date or business meeting. It's not really a drinking or bar hangout.  Considering traditional chinese take-outs, it is a gem of a place that Bloomfield should be excited to have.

8.5/10-Service
9.7/10-Food
9.0/10-Atmosphere
9.2/10-Value for Money

Total 9.3/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home